Saturday, May 5, 2012

Today I rode to Shipshewana, hopped on the Pumpkin Vine trail, and went to Middlebury. And back. 24.6 miles in all. This was the first time I had been on the Pumpkin Vine since it's finished, and I loved it! The trail is so nice, I saw rabbits (two adults and a baby), birds, flowers, a dead toilet in the woods (Seriously? Who throws their dead toilets out in the woods? Clean it up, people.), pretty little creeks, people... Except for the part where bugs flew into my mouth and eyes, it was perfect. And I found myself wondering, why didn't I take up biking sooner? 


Word to the wise: when biking, wear shades and keep your mouth shut. I may or may not have eaten a bug or two. I can't say that I did, but I'm not prepared to say that I didn't. It's possible that I managed to spit it out. Or maybe I swallowed it. I'll probably never know for sure.



(I took this photo while riding. I'm getting better at this!)

4 comments:

  1. you should post a pic. of your bike, it sounds highly adventerous riding it, i thot i knew what a bike looked like but you describing bike riding makes me wonder if i should attempt riding bike after this:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an awesome place to ride!!! Be very careful about taking your one hand off the handle bars and doing things. Those were the times Norman had his bad falls. #1. Trying to shoot a dog with his BB pistal. #2. trying to call me to come pick him up because a big rain was coming. The first time he was found uncounsious in the center of the road. NOT COOL!! Just saying....Keep your hands on the handle bars and if you need to call someone...stop. That's a little like driving and texting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're getting gooder and gooder at this.... did your shoes cooperate this time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've been cooperating quite nicely since those first 2 rides! :) I think we're actually friends now.

      Delete