Thursday, April 26, 2012

Thieving Trees

The trees in this town have sticky fingers. Or... Sticky limbs, if you will.

I rode a little too close to this little guy while going around a corner, and he stole my iPod right out of my pocket. Just grabbed hold and wouldn't let go.


But not to worry. I arm wrestled him for it and got it back. And I think he learned his lesson. When word gets out around town about me, I don't think I'll have to worry about any of the shrubbery messing with me or my stuff.

Tonight was quite the windy ride. I didn't think about it in the first half of the ride, because the wind was at my back. But on the way home, well, that was a different story. The wind kept trying to push me right off the road.
Did I fall into the ditch? I don't want to talk about it.
Was it the wind's fault? I don't want to talk about that, either.
Did I fall after I had come to a complete stop, and was standing with one foot on the ground already? I really don't want to talk about that.
Did I skin my knee a little bit? Well, yes.

There's also a pretty good chance that I called a friend to come pick me up when I was still a few miles from home. I hated giving up. But I also knew when I'd been had. The wind won this one.

But I'll be back.

And I'll get the next one.

1 comment:

  1. Wind - 1
    Sarah - ??? many more than wind

    Way to show the shrubbery who is in charge. Whenever I hear, read, type the word shrubbery do you know what comes to mind? I think it's only probably one of your favorite movies. or maybe not, but kinda funny.
    Thanks for sharing. You should wrap your knee in gauze, much gauze and wear a knee brace for work tomorrow just for entertainment.

    ReplyDelete