Friday, April 27, 2012

Small Victories

Tonight I rode with many thoughts in my head:

Will I spend half of this trip lying in various ditches?
Do they make training wheels for adult size bikes?
Should I invest in full body armor and forget the training wheels?
These banana chips taste like feet.
What is going on in Shipshewana?
Did I really need that nap I took before my ride?
Because now it's so much later and I won't be able to go as far.
Here, have another banana chip, self.
What day is it?
Where am I?
Good grief, woman, get a hold of yourself.
These banana/feet chips kind of grow on you after a while.
Seriously, what is with all the people in Shipshewana?
Gas stations should accept credit card numbers without the actual card, so that those of us who know our number, but forgot to bring the card along can still buy Gatorade.
What is citric acid made of?

But the number one thought in my head as I rode was this: Whatever you do, DON'T TIP OVER.

And by George, if I didn't do just that. That is to say, I did not tip over. Not even a little bit.

I'm putting this one in the victory column. (And cancelling the training wheels order for now.)

Now for a hot shower... hopefully I'll have feeling in my frozen toes again soon. It's a little chilly out there tonight.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe when he gets in one of his excessive mouth running moods you could get him to type it out on here. :) I enjoyed the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man I really liked your globe background but I guess this one could look like you are biking down the road

    ReplyDelete